First off, try to determine first the model or chipset of your audio hardware by means of checking it out on...
$ aplay -l
Then, edit the alsa-base.conf file as a super-user with a text editor of your choice... in my case it was vi...
$ sudo vi /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf
Add the following line, maybe at the end of the file...
options snd-hda-intel model=
The model list is listed at this site... it's is the reference site I used to fix mine. Just to share, my unit is a Lenovo Y410, so it has the ALC262 chipset... in the list, I used the "lenovo-3000" as the value.
Also, if there is still trouble, might I suggest to comment-out this line... (just add a sharp "#" on the front)
#options snd-hda-intel power_save=10
Hope this helps to those in need.
Thanks for the link to the model list - finally got my sound working again after upgrading to Karmic!ReplyDelete
Oh my god, thank you so much! The trouble I had to go through to get sound working was insane until I found your post, I would have never been able to figure it out. It's so silly the hoops we have to jump through to get the simplest things working after an update. It's the year 2009, not 1992. : (ReplyDelete
Same here thanks a lot, been looking for this kind of tip for a month or so...ReplyDelete